Sunday, May 25, 2008

i was lying on the grass on sunday morning of last week indulging in my self-defeats

I have been really, super-duper, big time depressed lately. I go through bouts of this all the time, my whole life, for as long as I can remember. Usually when this happens, I hibernate, stay inside, do laundry, read, sleep. You know, super exciting scintillating life-affirming stuff that pulls people right out of the dumps.
Friday, we had a party thing at a bar to go to but i opted out, which being the social butterfly i am made me feel even more sorry for myself. When guy smiley came home drunk late into the night, I made him pay for having a good time WITHOUT ME by engaging in a interrogation conversation involving 500 million questions about who was there with whom and other gossipy stuff. Supes fun at 2am while drunk & exhausted.
Anyway, I digress.


Saturday afternoon my sister messed up my woe is me plans & came by with her husband & my two devilish darling little nephews. I swore I would be productive this weekend & I couldn't let her just follow me around the house while i obsessively cleaned so...i went outside, in the actual sunshine! To further my productivity plan, i started working on the gardens, partly because my sister is like the Martha Stewart of gardeners. Before you know it, we had all the gardens weeded, cultivated & planted with some liberal soakings thrown in gratis by our eager helpers.

Sunday, I continued on the outdoor roll & helped Dr. Dre open the pool, which incidentally was hard, dirty & disgusting work. The water was a sumptuous greenish yellow & the bottom was filled with worms & centipedes. YES, count me in for a swim!
I used to be little miss perfect b4 the kiddoes came along. I actually LOVED doing laundry, i got a deep satisfaction from dusting & felt pure pleasure at putting the last dish away. Party on!
After the outside extravaganza, i looked around my house & removed almost every piece of extraneous clutter and/or ornamentation & It.Feels.Great.

Moral of this story: Something along the lines of...being outside is good for you (me) & can make you(me) feel happier, even if there are 81 loads of laundry & dishes to be done. Also, cleaning makes me happy (sometimes).
Oh, and if you're married to me don't go to a party without me & expect to do it drunk styles before being quizzed to the nth degree.
And oh yeah, i like flowers.









5 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

Hi,
this is the first post of yours that I have read. You had me chuckling all the way through. I love your to the point honesty and humor. And I love pretty flowers too.

Tara R. said...

Gorgeous flowers! I need to chase away some blues too. I need to plant some more flowers.

neutron said...

I also tend to hibernate indoors when I'm down. Never seems to help. Great post ... I think I'm gonna go outside ...

Eve Grey said...

Hi Tammie Lee,
thanks for stopping by!

Hi Tara,
Get out there & plant!

Hi Neutron,
too bad the weather turned absolutely FREEZING today!

Jules said...

Great post Eve. I read this last time I was by but forgot to comment. Ooops!