Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What I've been doing

Playing Webkinz games to collect extra kinzcash for my kids. Yeah, that's why.

Reading Twilight and immersed in adolescent fantasies.

Contemplating exercise.

Gearing up to make transition from 1 smoke a day to zero. Much harder than I imagined. Now I want, like, 5.

Mourning the end of Christmas break.

Tending to my very sick little boy who has been feverish, not eating, and coughing for a week. Doctor tomorrow.

Planning some more winter escapes.

Worrying about my sister who's jet-lag depression has lasted too long.

Cursing the deep bitter cold of January.

Watching movies. Benjamin Button, Bedtime Stories, Edward Scissorhands (with the kids for the first time and then feeling really bad because Ben cried when Vincent gave Edward his new hands for Christmas and then died).

Shopping for a multitude of birthday party gifts for kids who were inconsiderate enough to be born the first week of January.

Answering Daisy's very specific questions about sex. Hard to talk to your 9 year old about this when she still believes in Santa. Harder still when she cringes and makes horrified faces when I clumsily attempt to explain. Curses on those twins in her class who started this discussion with her.

Feeling a bit guilty about all the things I should be doing.

Feeling excited about the things I hope to do this year.

8 comments:

Tara R. said...

Good to see you out and about again. Sounds like you've been busy!

Hope you and yours do have a fabulous new year.

Angel said...

awww, I hope your feverish little boy gets better. Benajamin Button....good? worth sitting there for 3 hours? what am I talking about .....it's BRAD! Of course it worth it!! ;)

Eve Grey said...

Thanks guys.
Beth, I really liked Benjamin Button. Brad was great in it and so was Cate Blanchett. Had a really good message about living life.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to Benjamin Button. I have like Brad Pitt as an actor ever since "Twelve Monkeys" where, in my mind, he became an actor and not just some 'pretty boy'.

Soge shirts said...

Hey Eve thanks for the Benjamin Button review. Guess I will definitely see that one. lmao at contemplating exercise and shopping for january inconsiderate kids. Those darn twins bringing up sex to your nine year old. Boo to that.

Eve Grey said...

I totally agree with you Lou. That was the turning point movie for me too. He was also great in Snatch.

OHmommy said...

The COLD sucks... I have been doing much the same.

Anti-Supermom said...

What? At 9? I'm so not ready for that talk.

January is a hard, yucky month for us Northerns.

Hope your son starts feeling better soon (and your sister).