Thursday, May 8, 2008

Little sister, don't you do, what your big sister done

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison




Had to change my url, it was driving me crazy. Since I had to try about 20 before finding one available, i ended up with this homage to Bob & Doug McKenzie. You'll probably only get the reference if you're Canadian & over 30 Eh?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

fabulous photos!

Manager Mom said...

Well, I'm only 1 of the 2 (over 20, not Canadian) but Strange Brew was one of my favorite movies ever during my tender years (that and Spinal Tap.)

ConverseMomma said...

I love that movie. Might be why I married myself a canadian.
Those pics and accompanying quotes are stunning.

Anonymous said...

I'm not yet 30 and not yet Canadian, but I remember and love that movie. I did get married in Canada though, so that might have something to do with it.

Angel said...

well. I'm wayyyyyy over 30 but I'm not Canadian...I'm Italian. oops!

love the pix! You guys have fabulous hair!!

Eve Grey said...

Thanks guys!'
I can't believe y'all know who Bob & Doug are!
You were also all too polite to point out how much younger my sister is than me. There is a 14 year age difference & I have a sis who is 4 years younger than me who i love like crazy too.

Unknown said...

You girls are so beautiful! I only have one brother and I'm so happy that my girls will have each other to share this kind of relationship.

Bob and Doug rock! I love that you're Canadian, missy!!

Eve Grey said...

Huck, your girls are lucky. I will always be a little sad my daughter doesn't have a sister. I value mine so much. And I'm not sure how much she appreciates her two brothers!

neutron said...

thought u guys might like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H5hKZznc14&feature=related

Eve Grey said...

Thanks for the link Neutron!

Anonymous said...

Take off, ay?

Got it. Love it. Linked you.