Sunday, August 17, 2008

Searching for my lost shaker of salt

I'm pretty drunk here. Drank a whole bottle of red wine to meself. Had friends over to play cards and swim and well, drink. I'm babysitting my friends kids tomorrow too. Yippee.

Everyone is dying. Grandmothers, fathers. I had a best friend since we were 8. Shannon. I moved away. Far away. After the second & third child, we lost touch. She doesn't have any. I got a call from the third friend. Derek. Tough times for Shannon. I wrote Shannon a letter. I mentioned her dad in it, how he called me by a pet name, how he brought home Chinese food when he was drunk. She read it to him. He laughed. Said I was a sweet beautiful girl & he'd love to see me again. This was last Friday. He died this Friday, one week later. Very sudden, massive brain bleed. Life is weird. Serendipitous. Shannon said it was made a just little easier by my communication, getting back in touch. I felt good. Who am I now? I don't really know. I really don't.


7 comments:

vinny said...

You are Eve. Wonderful Eve, that's who you are.

Never doubt.

ConverseMomma said...

Oh eve, I'm sorry. I don't know who the fuck I am either, if that helps. Gorgerous pic, tho.

Angel said...

you are a Beaitufl woman with far out cheek bones and fantastic eyes! you are a wife, a mother, and a wonderful friend. You are funny, and mellow, and frantic and funny. You are compassionate and giving and kick-ass-mother and someone I call "Friend"

hugs to you girl.

Jill said...

What a tough week. Here's to hoping you get through it relatively unscathed. Or at least heavily medicated.

Unknown said...

You are Eve Grey. Mysterious. Beautiful. Open. Honest.

Don't lose it, girl. Just hang on to what you've got. Find the joy in that. Yes. Enjoy. En Fucking Joy. The rest of it is baggage and doesn't count at the end, after all. It's you and what you did and how you did it and whether or not you made a difference. And Love. Yourself. Your family. Your friends. Make them better for having known you.

Christy said...

You are beautiful--that's from the picture--but you are honest and open and that is even more beautiful.

(I get bad wine hangovers, btw......hope you are different!)

Anti-Supermom said...

I love that you are honest, always. I hope that things will feel better for you very soon.

And wine hangovers are the worst.