Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You took a white orchid turned it blue

I am soooo tired. This school stuff is killlling me.

I did not know having children meant having to go through primary school all over again. It is BRUTAL. Should we all go for a walk this evening or should we finish homework? Should I clean up the dishes or read and fill out the 80 million pieces of dead trees paper sent home? hmmmm.

Should NOT have to make this choice. It irks me greatly people. It really does.

P.S With an ironclad fist I wake up and French kiss the morning? Hurtingest lyric ever.



8 comments:

Laski said...

You know, I'm a former teacher. And, I am not a huge fan of homework. My students worked very hard for me while in class. Outside of reading and major papers, there wasn't a drop of busy work.

Life is just too, too short . . .

Jill said...

Beautiful flowers... All we have here are carnations... I can't really get into them.

My 5 year old in KG doesn't have homework, but my 3.5 year old in preschool does! Every weekend!

Unknown said...

I've always disagreed with the notion of homework. It's busy work, for the most part. Proper teaching and frequent testing should suffice - but most often, do not.

PURDY FLAHERS (Plainfield hillbilly for Pretty Flowers).

Tara R. said...

When she was in high school, my daughter easily had 5-6 HOURS of homework almost every night. She was an AP student, but still that was so extreme. My son doesn't have nearly that much, maybe only 3 hours. Makes me wonder what they do in class.


Your photos are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

We can't get anything normal done around our house because of all the damned homework that must be done. Add the 20 minutes of reading every night, and basically kids barely have time to eat.

Angel said...

I'm always telling my kids, "I already went to school once...I don't wanna go again. It's YOUR homeowrk, not MINE!"

but there is so much crap you have to do as a parent....ugh

OHmommy said...

Yup. I totally know what you mean.

ConverseMomma said...

I am terrified of the day that Jack or Molly come home with math homework. When I wear socks, I can't do math that involves counting past 10. Seriously.